PermanentAfrica Travel Concierge Available immediately
Africa Travel Concierge Available immediately
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Guest Experience Team
Job Title: Africa Travel Concierge Available immediately
*This position can be based in either Johannesburg or Cape Town.
- Assisting sales team with client requests, details and administration post-sales
- Establishing quick rapport with clients and suppliers while acting as the friendly, efficient and professional face of the company, delivering unrivalled service during every contact
- Where possible, meeting important guests during their stay in Cape Town.
- Gathering information from clients via email and phone, record data in the CRM and sharing this information with Wilderness lodges and Associated Product to ensure a personalised service for our guests.
- Providing professional and knowledgeable information on our services such as additional tours, restaurant reservations/recommendations and any additional special travel requests that clients may have
- Updating client documentation for upcoming trips and preparing all the necessary documents for the Travel Designers
- Support whilst clients are travelling in Africa – being a point of contact for any emergencies, last minute changes or cancellations.
- Sourcing exciting new events and ‘Magic Moments’, taking care of all the little details that make our trip so special
- Matric with maths (at least standard grade) and above average marks in English.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, email and internet platforms).
- Experience in Tourplan is preferred, as well the WISH and Wilderness Window systems.
- Excellent keyboard/typing skills required.
- 3-4 years’ experience in travel and tourism, preferably experience within Reservations/Wilderness Safaris.
- Experience in handling customer relationships.
- Experience in developing and promoting product and services in the travel industry.
- Knowledge of global travel
- Personal Abilities:-
- High expectations for customer service and customer care; creativity and confidence to take the customer out of their customer zone when we know it will benefit them.
- Have an ability to build relationships with both clients and suppliers
- Excellent numeracy and writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and time management skills, able to work across various time zones
- Highly organized and able to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Fantastic English language skills, both written and by phone
- Foodie who has a knowledge or appreciation of different cuisines and basic knowledge of restaurants around Africa
- Good experience of travelling through Africa.
- Personal Strengths:-
- Able to actively listen and demonstrate empathy and self-awareness.
- Humble and open to learn and adapt as things change.
- Being curious and staying open-minded in the face of challenges, and viewing problems as opportunities to learn.
- Building a culture of collaboration, learning and best practice within and across teams.
- A ‘big picture’ mindset – appreciative of your position within Wilderness as an organization comprised of different teams collectively working together towards the same goal.
- A passion for wildlife and a commitment to sustainability and conservation and can relate personally to “Our journeys change lives”
91 total views, 2 today