PermanentField Service Technician / Millwright Wanted
Field Service Technician / Millwright Wanted
Location: Cape Town Northern Suburbs
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Company/Employer: Persona Staff
Title: Field Service Technician / Millwright Wanted
Requirements: Matric or NTC 3 Electronics Certificate. Registered Mer Red Seal. Must have a valid driver’s license. Field Support with a minimum of 2 years on the job experience. Min 1 to 2 years of electronic and/or mechanical experience. …
- Matric or NTC 3 Electronics Certificate.
- Registered Mer Red Seal.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Field Support with a minimum of 2 years on the job experience.
- Min 1 to 2 years of electronic and/or mechanical experience.
- Electronic component testing.
- Ability to work over weekends, standby and overtime.
- English Written and verbal proficient.
- Excellent clear and comprehensible communication skills.
- Previous experience in training customers on new products
- Experience and or ability to learn new machinery quickly.
- Able to work extended hours and perform weekend duties when required.
- Regional Support – Ability to work and stay in remote areas.
- Ensure a thorough understanding and working knowledge of all machines, applications, and parts.
- Stay up to date on the research of the latest technology, application, and design of industry related machines.
- Keep an updated machine maintenance log and schedule.
- Liaise and coordinate with clients regarding machinery commissioning and maintenance.
- Ensure that thorough training of equipment is facilitated with the sales team and at client premises upon commissioning.
- Actively follow up and manage call outs and breakdowns that have been logged.
- Ensure administrative requirement are met and systems are followed at all times (i.e. that job cards are processed and invoiced out to the client on completion of work done and quotations are sent for out of warranty machines first)
- Advise on and action market opportunities where sales can be made.
- Take full responsibility for the stock holding of spares and machines, including ordering, levels, and stock take function.
- Ongoing engagement with all suppliers in order to secure supply, technology, and design.
- Liaise with suppliers on potential design changes or improvements.
- Attend to emergency breakdowns before or after work hours when necessary.
- Fault finding, diagnoses, and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Liaise with reps, branches, and agents regarding machinery breakdowns, spares, client issues, and new machines.
- Provide technical advice to branches and customer technicians when required.
- Liaise with the relevant superiors, branches, and customers regarding the consignments of machinery and spares
- Test and be able to demonstrate the applications of new machinery and equipment to relevant parties.
- Attend to general maintenance issues that is highlighted in and around the branch facility.
- Ensure all other peripheral functions of the department are completed and reported on when required.
- Supervision of subordinates.
- Ensure all company property is accounted for at all times.
- Ensure the workshop and storage area are kept clean, orderly and presentable at all times.
- Ensure availability for international and local travel as needed.
- Ensure food safety compliance at all times and report any food safety matters to your supervisor.
- You may be required to perform other tasks as and when operationally required
- To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive feedback within 48 hours, please accept your application as unsuccessful.
Persona Staff CC is POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013) compliant, all personal information is protected according to legislation. Applying for any of our available vacancies, you give Persona Staff consent to process your Personal Information for Recruitment Purposes, according to the POPI ACT, 2013. If you have any concerns regarding your Personal Information and our compliance towards the legislation, you are welcome to request out POPI Act Policy.
71 total views, 2 today