PermanentGeneral Manager / Company Secretary Requered
General Manager / Company Secretary Requered
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Bradshaw LeRoux Consulting
Job Title: General Manager / Company Secretary Requered
Mission/ Core Purpose of the Job
Strategic advisor to the Board and the business by providing pro-active support and advice on governance, statutory and other activities related to corporate governance.
Provide counsel to the Chairman of the Board and Committees on sound governance processes and best pracpracticeslst maintaining an arms-length relationship to foster objectivity and independence.
Be accountable to the board on for effective and seamless functioning of the Board and its Committees in line with delegation framework and effective governance practices.
Further, the role will also have oversight responsibility for the Netherlands entity with regard to Corporate Governance & Assurance and ensure seamless execution of decisions across Group Finco entities
Key Performance Areas
- Overseeing and directing the Corporate Secretarial function, including support for the Board of Directors, and acting as liaison between senior management and the Board
- Oversight responsibility for the Netherlands entity with regard to Corporate Governance & Assurance and ensure seamless execution of decisions across Group Finco entities
- Advising the Board of Directors particularly, independent directors on corporate governance
- Advising on application of King Code, as amended from time to time and applicable legislation to the Fintech environment.
- Monitoring and advising on governance best practice and emerging trends with external law firms dealing with company secretarial functions
- Arranging for meetings of the Board of Directors and keeping the minutes of such meetings
- Signing corporate documents and attending to corporate notices and correspondence and conducting relations with the shareholders on matters concerning corporate policy and shareholders meetings
- Preparing the content of the Directors’ Corporate governance and remuneration reports in the Annual Reports where applicable.
- Maintain and ensuring compliance with policy on use of the company’s statutory auditor
- Ensuring the company complies with the provisions of its Memorandum of Incorporation and relevant statutory instruments in Fintech related business activities
- Provide guidance to staff regarding the appropriate implementation of the laws, rules and standards through policies and procedures and other documents such compliance manuals, internal codes, and practice guidelines.
- Promote a positive ethical and effective compliance culture throughout the company
- Identifies, assesses, monitors and tests compliance risks faced by the company
- Proactively advises management on the applicable laws, rules, and standards
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining director’s obligations guidelines regarding compliance, corporate governance, business ethics issues and practice including regulatory requirements; Ensuring that previous board decisions and policies are upheld and implemented; monitoring and addressing issues of non-compliance.
- Researching and implementing best practice methodologies; developing departmental strategy and linking to organisational strategy; developing and achieving departmental budgets and targets; implementing performance and productivity measures; Monitoring and evaluating achievements of departmental objectives
- Monitoring, addressing and maintaining capacity requirements; planning, delegating, monitoring and appraising performance and productivity; setting standards and goals; promoting team spirit, direct communication and sharing; managing and resolving conflict situations; disciplining staff and managing grievance procedures; recognising and rewarding the consistent adoption and reflection of Group Finco and MTN Group values and best practice
- Arranging and facilitating corporate governance workshops and updates; providing coaching and facilitating workshops as required
- Establish operational governance framework to ensure future fit for the purpose and supporting organisational goals
- Leading team of secretarial professionals to deliver best in class governance and stewardship assisting the board and Committee to deliver Ambition 2025 and beyond.
- Convening and servicing general meetings of shareholders
- Providing holistic and thought leading governance practices to enable effective and agile decision making
- Provide continuous training programs to directors and senior leadership on corporate governance matters and business related
- Providing board assistance as required; ensuring compliance with implementation of business-related decisions; maintaining confidentiality of security documents and agreement
- Updating own organisational and market related knowledge; monitoring and evaluating own work progress; developing individual competencies as required; ensuring own performance reviews are completed and recommendations actioned; ensuring that the organisational vision and values are reflected in own job outcomes
- company secretary : 10 years or more
- fintech : 4 to 5 years
- Candidate Requirements
- Minimum of 4-year tertiary degree (BCom/ BSc)
- MBA advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Post Graduate Diploma in any legal degree
- Minimum of 10-12 years post qualification experience plus at least 4 years in Fintech / Financial Services sector in a Company secretarial role of a listed company or multinational
- Senior management track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry as per relevant role
- A track-record of successful achievement as a Company Secretary of a substantial, preferably listed, institution.
- Compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory matters, such as the Companies Act, King Code as amended from time to time, and the financial related standards of good practice including fair knowledge of AML etc,
- JSE knowledge is an essential requirement
- Ideally a well-regarded legal qualification, and the fluency of language and of thought to provide an excellent standard in all documentation.
- Very good interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships are essential. He/she must forge a strong and trusting working relationship with the chair and the CEO
93 total views, 1 today