PermanentJob for Logistics Business Controller Needed
Job for Logistics Business Controller Needed
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: BLACK TIE RECRUIT
Job Title: Job for Logistics Business Controller Needed
Our client is looking for a Logistics Business Controller to join their team in Durban.
The candidate main purpose will be to financially analyse, provide guidance to and support the cold stores and transport department; analyse business development processes / continuous improvement; prepare and analyse financial budgets and plans; analyse and prepare financial and operational reports by investing in own personal development and living the company values.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS/OUTPUTS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- This is a list of all the Outputs listed in this position profile.
- Financially analyse, provide guidance to and support the cold stores and transport department
- Investing in personal development
- Analyse business development processes / continuous improvement
- Living the Company Values and adhere to all the policies and procedures
- Prepare and analyse financial budgets and plans
- Analyse and prepare financial and operational reports
- FINANCIALLY ANALYSE, PROVIDE GUIDANCE TO AND SUPPORT THE COLD STORES AND TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT
- Provide input to the Logistics strategy when required.
- Reviw management accounts prepare each business Actual vs budgets & reviewing the same with each department and group manager, monthly.
- Discuss and explain to each manager the various accounts in detail and establish possible solutions or provide ideas on managing the revenue and costs and any deviations from the budgets.
- Ensure every customer and new customers has a complete credit application, maintain it electronically.
- Forward debtors overdue report & identify problematic accounts.
- Ensure all suppliers invoices are received and paid timorously.
- Review and assist branch Accountants with the preliminary financials monthly.
- Verify the entries for accuracy (amounts and relevant GL account) ongoing.
- Control the expenditure continuously, to ensure the most cost- effective suppliers are being used. Review each business unit expenses weekly.
- Provide guidance and financial and operational support to all departments, such as developing Excel reports when required.
- Provide a channel to the Finance department at the Branch or Head Office, by assisting with requests such as supplier payment, credit card top ups, finance related to sale or overhead entries.
- Always maintain channels of communication and exchange of information to Directors and other Managers
- ANALYSE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROCESSES / CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Review and implement Standard operating procedures for each task.
- Identify areas or systems for improvement and implementing corrective measures.
- Warehouse invoice control
- Various transport reports, using excel to speed up the process in summarizing the data for billing or analysis.
- Conduct random audits, investigation various procedures or GL account for accuracy, possible irregularities
- Analyse, share and explain monthly the economic situations and how the financial indicators such as the exchange rates and crude oil effects the business.
- PREPARE AND ANALYSE FINANCIAL BUDGETS AND PLANS
- Prepare yearly budgets for each business with each manager.
- Review and establish the revenue per customer annually.
- Formulate cost models to assists with the overheads as agreed monthly and yearly.
- Assist with yearly rate review for each customer.
- Perform Financial analysis for each cost center monthly.
- Discuss the year to end results with possible recommendations to achieve the targeted profit before tax or/and foresee the shortfalls.
- ANALYSE AND PREPARE FINANCIAL AND OPERATIONAL REPORTS
- Develop reports to assist all managers on the financial or operational performance:
- Weekly/monthly – transport Dashboards (Distribution & Port ops) each manager can understand the internal sales/volume vs 3PL, performance and utilization per fleet #.
- Warehouse forecast sales – Weekly, so that the manager can gauged their sales for the following weekly and plan accordingly.
- Target sales (Warehouses, to establish their shortfall on a weekly, monthly and year to date)
- WH billing report (weekly) – To show Warehouse managers the volume being handle /stored by each customer per warehouse, weekly, monthly and year to date with their relevant rates.
- Shoprite distribution stats, for KZN and inland (Monthly and year to date)
- Forecasting biweekly and monthly (per month and full financial year)
- Distribution fuel tracking by fleet #, monthly.
- Prepare and analyse when required various Business case studies, for Capex investment or new business,
- Creating Cash flow, 5-to-20-year income statement, amortization schedules, income, and overheads calculations. NPV
- Analyse the distribution cost per vehicle (ton), region, route category and customer quarterly, mid-yearly and annually.
- Develop standard cost for Distribution vehicle per kg and Warehouse labour or any future related aspect as and when required.
INVEST IN PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure achievement of own performance objectives.
- Attend scheduled training as agreed.
- Ensure completion of any assessments to evaluate understanding.
- Fill in attendance registers when required.
- Required Skills
- accounts : 8 to 9 years
- logistics business controller : 8 to 9 years
- Candidate Requirements
- Minimum: NQF level 7 Degree in Financial Management or related.
- Preferred: NQF level 8 Honours in Financial Management or related OR NQF level 9 Masters’ Degree.
- Minimum: 10 years’ experience within financial and operational logistics industry which includes at least 5 years on a Snr management level.
- Preferred: More than 10 years experience within financial and operational logistics industry which includes at least 5 years on a Snr management level.
- SAIPA – South institute of Professional Accountants (preferred) + SAIBA – South institute of Business Accountants (preferred)
- Knowledge/ Understanding:
- What should this position know that is not included in the qualification
- Understanding of Financial Statements
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Knowledge of International Reporting Standards
- Strategy and operational planning experience
- Financial control and reporting skills
- Reporting and analysis skills on a Snr level
- Budgeting skills
- ERP systems experience
- Experience in the National Credit Act
- MS Office on an Advance level
- Supply chain experience
58 total views, 1 today