PermanentJob for Medical Receptionist Wanted Urgently
Job for Medical Receptionist Wanted Urgently
Job Location: Johannesburg
Job Type: Permanent
Job categories: Receptionist
Company/Employer: Medical Resources Group
Job Title: Job for Medical Receptionist Wanted Urgently
We are recruiting for a Medical Receptionist to join an Oncology Practice in Morningside, Johannesburg. The ideal candidate needs to have min 2 – 3 years of experience in a Specialist Medical Practice and previous experience at an Oncology practice will be an advantage.
- Telephone procedures – Handle callers professionally and efficiently as set out in the guidelines of the communication protocols
- Message taking ensure that all messages are delivered promptly and that you follow up for resolve.
- Patient Management – To ensure the respect of patient rights to confidentiality and privacy as contemplated by the National Patient Rights Charter; Protection of Personal Information Act and the Consumer Protection Act.
- Treat the patients with courtesy and respect.
- Provide important information to patients.
- Arrivals – New Patients: primarily handled by the Medical Administration Clerk (MAC). The MR is expected to assist in the absence of the MAC.
- Pre-arrival checklist completion.
- Reminder calls 24Hrs before appointments.
- Accurate capturing of demographic data, scan and upload relevant medical information to EMR as defined by the E.M.R.
- Follow-ups: handled by the Medical Reception
- On treatment patients/CT planning: to report directly to the Radiotherapists or Radiotherapy Medical Receptionist.
- OSW bookings: handled by the Radiotherapists or Radiotherapy Medical Receptionist.
- Manage the ward list.
- Book New Patients (All New Patients are to be seen within five working days of the request).
- New Patient booking process [CPA] as defined by the induction training manual must be completed with every New Patient coming to the centre.
- Schedule planning: determine the urgency of patient health care needs and book as per need
- Electronic Medical Records Management
- Practice Administration
- Responsible for the distribution of incoming and outgoing correspondence (i.e. Doctors’ outbox etc.)
- Patient scripts: are to be flagged to Account Controllers for Central Auth if received.
- The process for distributing faxes/mail /email (electronic and by hand)
- Notify patients of outstanding payments on accounts. The Account Controller will advise the MR the day prior to incoming patients with accounts in arrears.
- Grade 12
- Valid Drivers licence
- Fluent in English
- 2 – 3 Years of appropriate previous experience in a role of similar nature would be advantageous.
- Sound clinical knowledge regarding cancer terminology and report handling is a must.
- Data capturing ability must be proven.
- Knowledge of the following software will be advantageous: Mosaiq, E-Auth, and Elixir
- Working Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 08H00 – 17H00
- R 15 000.00 – R 16 000.00 depending on experience
- Pension Fund – After the probation period
- Funeral Benefit – After the probation period
Only candidates who meet all the minimum requirements stipulated in the advert, will be considered.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV with supporting documents to [email protected]
REF: Medical Reception – Morningside
68 total views, 1 today