PermanentJob for Senior Portfolio Manager Retail Required
Job for Senior Portfolio Manager Retail Required
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Title: Job for Senior Portfolio Manager Retail Required
Responsible for the management of the Property. Ensure investment growth and maximum income of Property through effective property management and asset control. Ensures that such Portfolio Management operations are in accordance with established policies, procedures, and legal requirements. Ensures that services are delivered professionally and efficiently and that customers’ problems are resolved promptly.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient completion of Portfolio Management functions.
- Property management: Stays abreast of market activities in respect of tenant movement, new developments, major vacancies and other landlord’s strategies. Attends meetings / functions related to successful operation of property i.e. Sapoa, CJP etc.
- Asset management: Controls/schedules/implements regular preventative maintenance program in line with budget constraints. Motivates refurbishments, major repairs as appropriate. Attends site meetings with contractors in respect of maintenance/expansion of projects. Monitors progress. Inspects / enforces tenant responsibilities during and on termination of lease terms. Liaises with appropriate government, provincial and/or local authorities Responsible for compliance of OSH act
- Client reporting: Provides accurate information to client according to agreed format timeously. Analysis of monthly income /expenses. Monitors turnover rentals. Analyses operating costs on a quarterly basis in terms of the approved forecasts. Monitors all municipal recoveries (and general recoveries) on a monthly basis
- Plans and budgets: Prepares and completes budgets by January each year
- Completes forecasts timeously. Reviews rental quarterly and ensure best possible rate achieved and
- Assists in:
- Formulation of business plans for the unit.
- 5 year budget – preparation and control.
- Quarterly reviews and monitoring results
- Quarterly expenditure / analysis
- Sets and motivates Capex /Ti philosophy per building in consultation with client
- Approves Ti standard specification as recommended by the project manager
- Approves Capex within authority limits
- Ensures we conform to Capex philosophy and procedures
- Estimates new operating costs
- Ensures recovery of operational costs in accordance with lease terms
- Building management: Devises a five year maintenance plan including allowances for provisions or depreciation where applicable (annually) for submission to the assistant general manager / director. Investigate/initiate proposals for refurbishments. Maintains a hands-on control of projects in hand. Reviews the building status/grade annually and maintain the standards within those grades.
- Debtors management: Monthly interaction meetings with debtors, debtors’ manager and leasing to ensure appropriate action taken and approve legal action.
- Credit control: Responsible for management of:
- Legal action
- Parking management: Monthly / ad hoc interaction meetings all parkades. In conjunction with the responsible person for parking, maintain accurate control of “in house” operated parkades
- Assists, supports, and serves personnel as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations exist with clients, vendors, and trade professionals.
- Ensures that requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensures that customers are properly informed of Company Portfolio Management policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the Company’s professional reputation is maintained both internally and externally.
- Represents the Company in contacts with business and trade professionals.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Company personnel and with management
- Assists and supports personnel as needed.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Completes reports and records.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Stays informed regarding developments and changes in the Portfolio Management field.
- Assists with publicity, education, and promotion of the Company. Cross sells services.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Portfolio Management services are efficiently and effectively provided in accordance with established Company policies and standards and with applicable laws and regulations.
- Problems are closely tracked and effectively resolved.
- Good business relationships exist with customers and their Portfolio Management needs are properly assessed and met. Effective financial counseling is provided as needed.
- Professional business relations exist with customers and external trade contacts. Questions and problems are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Effective working relations and coordination exist with Department and Company personnel. Support is provided as required.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
- Education/Certification: Matric and associated degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of formal training and 5 years experience.
- Required Knowledge :
- Thorough knowledge of Company Portfolio Management products and applicable policies and standards.
- Understanding of government regulations and legal requirements involving Portfolio Management and related functions.
- Familiarity with Portfolio Management programs.
- Experience Required:
- At least five years of progressive experience in Portfolio Management related positions.
- Administrative and supervisory experience.
- Real estate experience very helpful.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Good project management abilities.
- Well organised.
- Solid communication abilities.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable understanding of property management
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Professional, confident and mature
- High energy level
- Able to control stress and work well under pressure
- Able to prioritise work flow
- Able to relate well at all levels
- Able to act on own initiative or with minimum input
- Able to control, motivate and direct staff
- Able to develop and work to budgets
- Excellent proven negotiation skills
- Computer literacy – Window, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Able to use PC and basic business equipment.
84 total views, 1 today