PermanentJob Position for Experienced Transport Manager Requered
Job Position for Experienced Transport Manager Requered
Location: East Rand
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Unique Personnel
Job Title: Job Position for Experienced Transport Manager Requered
Purpose of the Position:
As the Transport Manager you will be expected to manage and control the transport
Functions for air and sea freight orders, as well as any other functions requested pertaining to transport or warehouse jobs.
- Warehouse and Branch Managers
Summary of duties:
- You are requested to report for work before your drivers arrival time to ensure
- All planning and last minutes issues are sorted before vehicles leave the premises.
- You will gather all info pertaining to air and sea shipments and finalise your plans for the vehicles.
- Once drivers arrive at work and have completed their vehicle checks you will have all the relevant trip sheets and paperwork on hand to allow you to go through the plans and get everyone on the road.
- Instructions come from our Cape Town branch and Johannesburg operations on e-mail. You are required to monitor all mails on a regular basis and maintain a high level of communication. Operations is highly time sensitive so being on top of shipments is vitally import.
- You will be responsible for all the transport planning and monitoring of drivers.
- Checking of all trip sheets, gathering all paperwork pertaining to the orders, POD’s etc and disseminate to the admin staff for processing, reporting, filing etc.
- You will monitor the drivers performance, ensure no unnecessary delays at loading delivery points and deal with any disciplinary issues promptly.
- As running costs rise you will assist in planning efficient routes for the orders and monitor drivers stops. This will also include having a solid understanding of your
- Running and maintenance costs per vehicle as well.
- Get to know all client & department SOP requirements and apply all the necessary processes.
- You will make yourself available for flexible work hours as the need arises and monitor your staff overtime to ensure 100% compliance.
- You will assist in monitoring the drivers cell phones and ensuring they are contactable at all times. You make use of the Car Track system to monitor all vehicles on the road.
- Standing times are to be monitored and if delays occur relevant parties to be notified and resolved asap
- You will be required to monitor all vehicle trip sheets, mileage, services and conditions. The trip sheets must be randomly checked at least once a week to ensure no problems exist that could result in large repair costs.
- Manage 2 staff members who prepare cargo for air and seafreight
- Conduct regular safety audit
- Stay up to date on H&S regulations
- Must have Transport Manager experience in sea/air freight industry
- Four vehicles in the fleet
- At least 5 years experience in managing a transport department in sea/air freight, and with up to date references
- Strong computer skills including Excel and open to learning Cargowise in house.
- Must possess a drivers license (upto code 10 preferably) and will to be required to
- Get certified for an IVS permit as well as Part 108 for airfreight
- Forklift license and some experience in prepping cargo for air and sea and also
- Packing of containers would be a bonus
- Excellent command of the English language and able to communicate well with staff and clients on phone and e-mail
- A positive and energetic demeanour with good people skills.
- A good organiser that applies strategic thinking to the day to day operation and maintains efficiency at all times
- Good problem solving abilities and able to work under pressure
117 total views, 2 today