ContractJob Position for Material Controller Needed Urgently
Job Position for Material Controller Needed Urgently
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Job Position for Material Controller Needed Urgently
- The Material Controller is responsible for the receipt, storage and issue of materials and equipment to be provided to contractors and includes expediting and reporting where stipulated.
- Technical Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Procurement / Contracts department prepare a material / equipment schedule identifying all items being supplied, order number, supplier, delivery date, etc.
- Record the status of all supply items on a weekly basis and report to the Site Project Engineer.
- Report weekly on any slippage to the scheduled delivery date of supply items and provide options on the strategy to be adopted for recovery.
- Arrange offloading of delivered supply items into preselected area, e.g. outdoors, outdoors covered, indoors, special e.g. Air-conditioned atmosphere.
- Carry out inspection of delivered supply items for compliance with order and delivery docket. Report any non-conformance.
- Prepare documentation which will allow payment for the received items and record details, including storage location, on the materials / equipment schedule.
- Expedite delivery of all supply items to meet construction schedules either through the project office or direct, as agreed with the Procurement / Contracts department.
- Record details of the issue of all supply items to contractors either on receipt, if direct deliver to a contractor, or at the time the contractor is ready to install, if stored in the company’s storage area.
- Initiate action for repair or replacement of any item damaged on receipt or during storage.
- Oversee, if directed, the contract management of any supply contract arranged by company for the frequent delivery of materials to site e.g. Concrete, road materials, fill, aggregate, etc.
- Read, understand and obey the HSE policies arrangements/procedures and rules as issued.
- Always work in accordance with method statements and risk assessments as provided.
- Take care of your own health and safety whilst at work; and ensure your activities do not adversely affect the health and safety of others.
- Report to immediate supervisor all incidents, which have or could result in personal injury or environmental damage
- Actively role model and promote the organization’s values and Code of Business Conduct.
- Undertake any additional tasks that may be required by the Site Manger
- Candidate Requirements
- Extensive secretarial and administration experience or Certificate from a recognized Business College
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Project Engineering / EPCM or Construction
- REQUIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Good business acumen
- Extensive experience in the relevant fie
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of quality systems.
- Capacity to analyse business processes and translate these into appropriate business systems and documented procedures.
- Ability to motivate and ensure that staff participate in implementing and apply systems and procedures.
- Good computer skills – in particular, Microsoft office.
- Good knowledge of welding procedures and processes particularly exotic materials.
- Knowledge and experience in working in remote locations in Africa.
- Highly literate to ensure the clearest communication both verbally and written
- Understanding of HSE and information management systems.
- Understanding of Engineering / Mining industries.
134 total views, 2 today