PermanentJob Position for Receptionist Hospitality Requered
Job Position for Receptionist Hospitality Requered
Location: Northern Cape
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: South Cape Recruitment (Pty) Ltd
Job Title: Job Position for Receptionist Hospitality Requered
Our client base in the Northern Cape is looking for a hotel receptionist to join their team.
‘Scope and General Purpose of the role:
- To provide polite, efficient, and prompt service to potential and actual guests and exceeding their expectations in accordance with company procedures and to Maintain an accurate and efficient Reservations and Front Office system as well as to maximize occupancy
Main Duties include but not limited to:
- To have full understanding of all the policies and proedures laid down in the Front Office Procedures Manual and to ensure that they are adhered to
- To be fully knowledgeable on the PABX, Hotelier and QTI systems ensuring 100% accuracy when trainsferring calls, capturing reservations, charging guests, checking out/ in of guests
- To be familiar with all facilities and attractions to assist and aid guests with enquiries or requests
- To be fully knowledgeable in all aspects of Emergency Procedures as per company standards including Bomb Threats
- To ensure that all Emergency contact details including managment number are kept up to date on the various lists
- To maintain a telephone list with all extnsions and frequently used numbers available
- To answer the calls within 3 rings in accordance with th laid down Front Office Procedures
- To process all messages accurately in accordance with FO Procedures
- To process all emails accurately in accordance with FO Procedures
- To maintain update logbooks of maintenance issues, lost and found property, and keys as per procedures
- To ensure that every reservation is accurately captured on Hotelier, with the correct Details, travel agency, billing instructions, etc.
- To ensure that every booking taked is confirmed in email or faxed to the guest / agency with booking confirmation and reservation number
- Toe ensure that every confirmation / qutoation sent out is followed up
- To ensure that early and /or late departure information is communicated to the guest according to the laid down FO Procedure
- Billing of no shows in accordance with policy and procedures
- To bill for cancellations, if cancelled outside of T&C’s according to hotel policy and procedure
- To post all deposits as per Policy and procedures
- To maintain the reservations filing system
- To pring registration cards and ensure that all correspondence is attache to the back of the registration card
- To ensure that welcome pack is created for each arrival
- To welcome all guests warmly and assist them promptly and ourteously
- To follow check in procedures as per policy ensuring that all guest data is confirmed and corrected where necessary in order to update and maintain an accurate database
- Toe ensure that all breakages / missing times are charged in accordance of hotel policy
- All maintenance issues to be reported to maintenance department and followed up guest to ensure that the task is completed and guest is happy
- All housekeeping issues are reported to Housekeeping and a follow up is made iwth guest to ensure that the task is completed
- To ensure that all deposits and charges are accurately posted and filed according to the laid down procedure.
- To ensure that all guests accounts are always kept up to date.
- To ensure that all Credit Control Procedures are strictly adhered to in accordance with the laid down Front Office Procedures.
- To ensure that all check lists are completed and signed off by the Operations Manager as per the laid down procedure
- To maintain the pit and ensure that daily pit checks are completed.
- To ensure that all guests are checked out and their correspondence file according to the laid down procedure.
- To maintain the Front Office filing system as per the laid down procedure.
- To ensure that there is sufficient stationery available for the completion of your duties.
- To observe control procedures as set by the company.
- To ensure that the breakage and loss of operating equipment is kept to a minimum.
- To help train the trainee bar staff
- To ensure that reception desk and reception area clean at all times.
- To be fully responsible for all floats and money taken during your shift. Correct cash up should be followed as per Accounts
- Ensure that the credit card and cash procedures are adhered to.
- Fully responsible of all stock in reception and keys. If there are any shortages, that shift will be held responsible.
- To ensure that complete handover is given either in writing or to your colleague reporting for duty.
- To be always at your work area except for meal breaks unless authorized by Management.
- To ensure feedback is received from all guests and given to the Operations manager
- Essure that all marketing is done according to the laid down procedure
- To have a thorough knowledge of all facilities and serves offered for sale by the hotel.
- To always maintain the highest standard of appearance and social skills, according to company policy.
- To work in harmony with all staff and with all departments related with the operations.
- To attend training as and when required.
- To be familiar with the staff handbook, house rules, fire and security procedures.
- OCCASIONAL DUTIES
- To perform any other duties as directed by your supervisor or manager.
- to be available to work overtime at the request of Management.
- All shifts will be allocated according to occupancy and business requirements.
- Matric coupled with hotel diploma / certificate
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Fully computer literate – MS Office / Hotel associated systems
- 2 years in a similar role
- Refrences will be required
72 total views, 1 today