PermanentJob Vacancy for Code 14 Driver Wanted
Job Vacancy for Code 14 Driver Wanted
Location: Free State
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Grain Field Chickens (Pty) Ltd
Job Title: Job Vacancy for Code 14 Driver Wanted
Grain Field Chickens, a subsidiary of VKB Agriculture (PTY)Ltd, is a dynamic role player in the integrated broiler industry with an abattoir in Reitz in the North Eastern Free State. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
To drive an extra heavy motor vehicle (articulated), with the gross combination mass of which exceeds 16 000 kg but not 25 000 kg in alignment with predefined work objectives, (as per agreed standard operating procedures) and in accordance with applicable laws of the road.
- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 equivalent.
- Code 14 (EC Driver’s License) with PDP.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A clear criminal record.
- Experience in the agriculture industry will be advantageous.
- Proven ability to man-oeuvre, reverse and pack vehicle into confined spaces.
- Good client interaction skills with both internal/ external customers.
- A willingness to work overtime, incl. Saturdays, when required.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled deliveries and collections to and from designated locations as instructed by management.
- Strict adherence to commercial driving regulations while driving on public roads.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections on vehicle according to company policy.
- Ensure goods are secured correctly before departure and vehicle seals/ locks are not tampered with upon arrival at destination.
- Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient.
- Ensure accurate and detailed completion of logbooks and other delivery documents.
- Adherence to loading and offloading procedures at company and client premises.
- Ensure that vehicle is kept clean and maintained as per schedule at all times.
- Understanding and compliance with relevant Occupational Safety, Health, Environment and Quality requirements within the work environment.
- Any other duties as may be required by management.
- Ability to interact with clients in a respectful, helpful and responsive manner.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to record, analyse and report information (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently when the role requires.
- The company can expire jobs at any time at our own discretion. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
124 total views, 1 today