PermanentJob Vacancy for Operations Supervisor Needed
Job Vacancy for Operations Supervisor Needed
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Job Vacancy for Operations Supervisor Needed
Racing Distribution has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Supervisor to be based in Cape Town. The position will be to effectively and efficiently manage the regional operations (being courier, distribution, fleet and warehousing) and driver compliment. Ensure that there is compliance with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal controls. Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting is done accurately and timeously and contains appropriate content to enable effective decision making. Ensure items are collected and delivered on time using the most cost-efficient transport process. Ensure achievement of company’s strategic objectives, goal plans and targets. Provide a detailed support role to the Operations Manager and Fleet Manager.
- Understanding of motor vehicles and the supply chain process
- Computer literacy
- Valid South African Drivers Licence
- Matric / Grade 12
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Transportation / Logistics / Business Management
- A minimum of 2-year experience in distribution management, transport and logistics
- Pastel Evolution
- Geographical knowledge
- Financial metrics
- Review of daily, weekly, monthly reports from Fleet, finance, sales and operations.
- Ensure most efficient logistic solution to minimize company internal cost.
- Ensure appropriate templates and models are created and saved to substantiate decision making.
- Effective management of the fleet (to meet customer orders timeously, effective use of rented space, quality control checks, fraud/theft, aging/asset cycles, running cost, tracking/ usage reports, vehicle appearance, vehicle optimization, driver scores etc.).
- Monitoring of supplier pricing (3 quotes, update regularly), back up suppliers, preferred suppliers, template maintenance.
- Accurate and timeous submission of information to finance department for billing purposes.
- Establishing and implementing internal controls to safe guard company assets.
- Identifying weaknesses accompanied timeous corrective action.
- Monitoring of unfilled deliveries.
- Management of payroll cost (thorough review of overtime, allowances etc) and operating costs.
- Negotiation of favorable supplier terms and customer terms – (payment, rebates, settlement discount, volume discount).
- Forecasting/ planning according to customer demands/events.
- Effective management of regional office and regional RD warehouse.
- Satisfactory meeting of customer deadlines.
- Approving of asset purchases and general expenses and supplier/customer terms (within your delegated authoritive limits).
- Assisting with picking the Star Merchants stock orders where necessary.
- Advanced driver training and driver courtesy training on the road.
- Performance management of staff and disciplinary.
- Enforcing ethical, honest, transparent, fair work environment.
- Formal setting up of individual staff meetings (Initial meeting to layout the KPIs, quarterly tracking meeting, half year review, quarterly tracking meeting and year-end review.
- Adequate recognition of staff efforts.
- Talent retention (through role creation, career path planning).
- Succession planning.
- Sustainable morale and team building.
- Recruitment and related interviews.
- Sourcing of training as and when needed for staff.
- Induction and comfort or new team members.
- Appropriate and fair leave planning, less than 30 days.
- Monitoring of sick leave.
- Approval of leave, bio time, phone usage.
- Implementation of HR initiatives.
- Monitoring of employee productivity and smoke breaks.
- Approving and monitoring of overtime.
- Compliance, risk and quality
- Maintaining and enforcing company policies and procedures.
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Compliance with relevant laws and regulations relating to operations.
- Timeous communication of risks and issues to the operations manager.
- Growth and new markets / products
- Customer relationship management.
- Source new business and new service offerings.
- Development of existing business and service offerings.
- People Management
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Time Management
- Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
84 total views, 1 today