PermanentJob Vacancy for sound technician Required
Job Vacancy for sound technician Required
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Company/Employer: The South African State Theatre
Title: Job Vacancy for sound technician Required
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Attending production meetings and giving input
where required by giving advice to internal
clients, external clients, and productions on stage
- equipment and facilities to achieve desired results.
- Advice and identify types of sound equipment to
- be bought or used for specific productions.
- Setting up and striking sound and backline
- (Musical) equipment during get-ins, rehearsals,
- performances and strikes to ensure that quality of
- sound is achieved.
- Performing sound and line checks to ensure
- that quality of sound is achieved prior to the
- commencement of the show.
- Managing audio volume and sound quality on
- rehearsals, productions, and events to ensure that
- good quality sound is maintained at performances
- and should be limited to no more than Seven
- microphones and performances that require a
- sound engineer.
- Setup and record audio for different productions
- on stage, for later use.
- Setting up and checking all communications sets
- and radio communication in the venue to ensure
- that creatives can communicate and run the
- show smoothly without interruptions.
- Ensuring that performers are audible during
- performances and levels are set as determined
- by the Director as per point number 5.
- Ensuring that set ups are always clean and safe
- for performers to avoid injuries.
- Constructing cables that may be used on sound
- Ensuring that all aspects of the OHS act and other
- relevant legislation is adhered to.
- Ensuring that all visiting crew, designers etc with
- access to the stage area are aware of the safety
- requirements regarding sound.
- Storing all equipment safely to prevent theft,
- damage, and unauthorised use.
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of available
- Basic maintenance on equipment and cables
- that is repairable.
- Candidate Requirements
- PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma in Performing Arts Technology/
- Diploma in Sound Engineering
- 1 year experience in sound
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
- People management skills
- Strong balanced hearing ability
- Team player
- Decision making
- Be able to give briefs.
- Hands on
- Technically inclined
- Ability to use audio recording softwares.
- Sound reinforcement
- Computer skills
- Ability to focus
109 total views, 1 today