PermanentJob Vacancy for Unemployed Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant Requered
Job Vacancy for Unemployed Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant Requered
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Botshelong Empilweni Private Hospital
Job Title: Job Vacancy for Unemployed Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant Requered
Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant, registered in the category Pharmacists Assistant (post-basic), may perform the acts or provide services as well as the reading and preparation of a prescription, the selection and manipulation or compounding of medicine and the labelling and supply of medicine in an appropriate container under the indirect personal supervision of a Pharmacist.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent level of education.
- Post Basic Pharmacist’s Assistant Certificate.
- Current registration with South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC) as a PBPA.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a private hospital pharmacy or retail setting.
- Computer proficiency – SAP and Unisolve
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Assist Pharmacist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of medicine according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Dispense, accurately and correctly, stock to wards, discharged patients and special prescriptions under the close supervision of the Pharmacist Issue drugs as per Group Standard Operating Practices.
- Interpret prescriptions and select, manipulate and compound medicine into appropriate containers under the close supervision of the Pharmacist.
- Communicate changes in ethical formulary products to all units.
- Package and/or pre-pack pharmaceuticals under the close supervision of the Pharmacist.
- Distribute and control stock of Schedule 1 to Schedule 2 medicines or unscheduled substances.
- Sell over-the-counter medicines under the close supervision of the Pharmacist.
- All ward stock issues, retail scripts, TTO scripts and in-hospital scripts dispensed/picked/packed must be signed off by a Pharmacist before handing it over to the patient, ward/unit or nursing staff member.
Highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
111 total views, 1 today