PermanentPosition for Storeman/ Yard Supervisor Required
Position for Store man/ Yard Supervisor Required
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: St Alban’s College
Job Title: Position for Store man/ Yard Supervisor Required
The Store man is responsible for overall control, management and safeguarding of the Facilities stock, purchases & tools.
Additionally, responsible for the keeping the Facilities yard clean and tidy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receiving, storing, assembling, packing and/or unpacking of goods. This includes ensuring that goods are not damaged and that everything ordered is present and accounted for.
- Liaise with relevant trades (handymen) with regard to items required for completion of tasks.
- Ensure all purchase orders reflect where materials are to be utilized and are approved by the relevant Manager.
- Issuing of stock and tools.
- Monitor current stock levels to decide if more should be ordered, as well as organizing existing inventory, so it is easily and safely accessible.
- Recording of stock & tool receipts and issues on the computer system to enable accurate stock levels and tool inventory.
- Assist and perform stock checks.
- Ensuring the safety and security of the stock. This takes the form of ensuring that there are adequate security systems in place and enforcing health and safety rules. And also includes keeping the store clean and tidy.
- Ensure the safe loading and unloading of materials onto vehicles and assisting colleagues in this task where necessary.
- Keep Facilities Yard clean and tidy.
- Manage the skips on site, ensuring that materials are correctly disposed of in the appropriate skips to maximise recycling possibilities. Notify skip company when skips require emptying.
- Unlock/lock up the yard and stores as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned and able to carry out any other reasonable task set by management.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in a similar role, involving work in stores, driving and yard responsibilities for a minimum of two years, or equivalent experience.
- A knowledge of good practice relating to Health and Safety Regulations and Road Traffic Regulations.
- Basic understanding to notice faults and damage to a vehicle.
- Knowledge of waste recycling.
- A good knowledge and recognition of building materials is essential.
- A full driving licence.
- Computer literate and knowledge of stock systems.
- Good listener and team player.
- Methodical and organised and able to work on own initiative.
- The ability to provide an effective courteous service.
- A flexible approach to working arrangements.
- Good command of written and spoken English communication skills.
- Individual must be able to commence with work on a weekday at 7h00 and should be available and able to assist over weekends, as and when required.
93 total views, 2 today