PermanentTrainee Retail Assistant Manager Required
Trainee Retail Assistant Manager Required
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Eskort (Pty) Ltd
Job Title: Trainee Retail Assistant Manager Required
We invite all BCOM Graduates to apply for this amazing opportunity!
- To train for a period of 12 months to become a Retail Assistant Manager so as to, with the Retail Manager, lead all operations of the store to ensure that the store functions smoothly while optimizing profits.
- The role is provided to facilitate getting young graduates to become Retail Assistant Managers and eventually become Retail Managers in our Eskort retail stores.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stock Management
- Stock Ordering
- Place orders with factories and other suppliers.
- Follow up on orders.
- Manage deliveries, delivery dates and stock upon arrival.
- Manage stock order volumes.
- Stock Receiving
- Receive ordered stock.
- Report delivery shortfalls, and damages.
- Follow up on non-received stock.
- Capture received stock on Meat Matrix.
- Daily stock levels reporting.
- Run stock depletion reports- cashiers.
- Balance off with stock receiving.
- Manage stock levels threshold.
- Manage stock shrinkage: stock losses/damages/dumpings.
- Store cleanliness including, but not limited to all floors, bathrooms, office spaces, passageways, isles, packing areas, chillers, freezers, cashier till points and Deli (Hot Foods) area.
- Always maintain high level of HACCP standards throughout the store.
- Observe OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety) hazards and abide by the rules and resulations of the Act.
- Employee Management
- Employee Relations (Discipline in the workplace).
- Performance Management.
- Employee Wellness.
- Employee Motivation.
- Store Organisation
- Display of products on the the shelf and create attravtive displays at key points in the store ex: check-out ques.
- Be familiar with the merchandising material available from suppliers and ensure employees are familiar with all in-store (current) promotions.
- Re-arrangement of store shelves and products.
- Managing of non-moving items and display areas.
- Cash Management
- Manage and assist with daily cash ups.
- Minimi cash losses.
- Manage picking up and dropping off of cash in the store.
- Manage safety of cash movement within the store.
- Manage and keep the safe secure and locked at all times.
- Customer Service
- Deliver excellent service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Create a store that meets local needs by building an understanding of customer-product preferences.
- Manage and analyse customer complaints to get insights for improvement of customer satisfaction
- Be the custodian of customer experience and lead brand loyalty.
- Responding to customer complaints and comments promptly and accurately.
- Scan and analyse customer environment, purchasing patterns and initiate activities that will influence customer behaviour including attracting new and retain existing customers.
- Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12.
- Diploma/Degree in Retail or Business or related qualification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
Demonstratable analytical skills.
- Basic understanding of income statements, cash flows, stock management reporting, and all basic financial systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Exceptional customer service and people management skills.
- Energetic and self-starter.
88 total views, 1 today