Permanent Unemployed Driver Required Urgently
Unemployed Driver Required Urgently
Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title :Unemployed Driver Required Urgently
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Perform duties related to the collection, transportation, and distribution of goods and materials. To carry out general warehouse duties when not on the road, in support of the warehouse functions.
- Ensure you have a valid driver’s licence and PDP at all times on your person.
- Ensure that all vehicles licenses are current before operating a vehicle.
- Ensure that all vehicles are serviced according to stipulated service intervals and manufacturers’ requirements.
- Vehicles used to transport food should be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition at all times, to protect food from contamination.
- Make sure appropriate temperatures are maintained.
- Report any suspected mechanical issues and damages incurred to the Branch Manager.
- Monitor the fuel usage and ensure that this cost remains within budget.
- Implement least-cost routing for all collections and deliveries. Obtain written authorisation for deviations from approved routes.
- Ensure that all vehicle policies, procedures, and requirements are adhered to at all times.
Collection / Deliveries / Distribution
- Make sure that a trip authorisation form is completed for each trip, before undertaking the trip
- The driver must check the vehicle carefully, and complete a vehicle checklist before going out on a trip. The branch manager or supervisor must countersign the vehicle check list and authorise the driver to leave.
- The trip sheet must always be completed neatly, accurately and in full using black ink.
- The driver must make sure the goods collected are accurately reflected on the supplier delivery note. Any discrepancy must be recorded and signed by the supplier’s representative.
- The supplier’s representative must sign the inbound trip sheet (Sheet A below) to verify that the goods loaded as well as arrival and departure times are accurately recorded.
- Goods must always be loaded carefully onto the vehicle to avoid damages.
- Once loaded, a seal must be placed on the doors of the vehicle to ensure that the load is not tampered with. This seal number must be recorded on the trip sheet.
The following must be kept in mind:
- Count stock accurately at all suppliers before signing the dispatching paperwork. The driver is responsible for shortages once documentation has been signed as correct.
- Ensure a quick visual inspection of expiry dates is done on all products that is being collected to ensure that we do not load any expired stock from the supplier.
- Be presentable and professional at all times when carrying out your duties.
- Ensure all the relevant paperwork that you have collected from DC’s, depots, and BOs is handed in to the branch supervisor.
- Ensure that all FFD / MRD / RPD deliveries have all the correct paperwork accurately completed and signed by all the relevant parties before leaving the warehouse.
- Hand in all required paperwork to your Supervisor within designated time frames.
- Ensure goods are loaded correctly, and use the stipulated handling equipment and materials.
- Follow your designated routes as set out by your supervisor at all times. Deviations from the designated routes must be authorised.
- Overnight travel will be necessary from time to time.
- Assist in the daily tasks in the warehouse as instructed by your supervisor; including but not limited to cleaning and sanitising of vehicles, off-loading vehicles, food sorting, picking and packing, and general warehouse housekeeping duties.
Standard Operating Procedures
- Drivers must read the Standard Operating Procedures document and become familiar with the requirements as they pertain to drivers.
- Drivers are required to comply with all the standard operating procedures, policies and guidelines set out by Company.
- Ensure that they are compliant with the Road Traffic Regulations of South Africa when operating a vehicle.
- Ensure that general good driving practices are complied with / adhered to at all times.
- Act responsibly at all times, and avoid causing financial loss through unnecessary wear and tear to the vehicle through either negligence or bad driving practices.
- Ensure that no unnecessary fuel costs are incurred; become familiar with and follow all given routes as assigned by the branch supervisor.
- Ensure goods are transported in line with processes, making sure that there is no damage or discrepancies.
- Ensure that the vehicles and equipment are kept clean, neat, and well maintained at all times.
- Drivers are to report any vehicle damages, defects, problems, expired licences, and related matters to the branch supervisor.
- In the event of an accident, the correct procedures must be followed so that adequate information can be obtained to ensure the insurance has enough info to process the claim.
- Drivers must be aware at all times that they are driving branded vehicles, and that the reputation and credibility of must be maintained.
- driving : 5 to 6 years
- pdp : 5 to 6 years
- Minimum of one year driving experience within 30-Km radius of store
- Ability to manage time and routes for a streamlined delivery experience
- Strength to lift up to 35 Kg plus bending and twisting
- Work well independently
- Open and transparent communication
- Familiarity with GPS devices or map apps
- Driver (Code 10 + PDP) and must have minimum 5 yrs experience
- Will only work three days a week.
98 total views, 3 today