PermanentUnemployed person Sample Reception Needed
Unemployed person Sample Reception Needed
Location: Western Cape
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Star Personnel Recruitment (Pty) Ltd
Job Title: Unemployed person Sample Reception Needed
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. It operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.
- The sample reception technician is primarily responsible for processing and registering samples and providing support and service to customers. The individual will need to keep precise records for tracking samples with accuracy whilst also being able to multitask in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Ensure accurate and prompt receiving, handling, registration, storage and dispatch of samples at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating procedures
- Ensure adherence to company Code of Ethics
- Ensure all duties are performed in accordance with accepted service delivery standards
- Maintain confidentiality of service
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct line manager
- The Sample Reception Technician is required to follow ISO 17025 quality requirements, Laboratory protocols and develop a good knowledge of the tests offered, regulations & specifications for matrix specific storage and registration, pricing and customer relationships.
- Sample handling, storage and disposal
- Ensure prompt and efficient receiving, handling, registration, storage, dispatch of samples as trained and per applicable procedure
- Attend to all operational matters related to work in progress at sample reception and new instructions received from customers and or Supervisor and Managers
- Receipting in Samples
- Ensure the accuracy of the client details and the database
- Responding to queries by phone, email or in-person
- Sample tracking, retesting and subcontracting
- Always follow ISO 17025 laboratory accreditation principles
- Actively practice continuous improvement and suggest improvements as needed.
- Keep the workplace clean, tidy, and safe
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and practices
- Quality & Health & Safety System
- Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the SGS management system
- Actively participate in safety related activities
- Always wear appropriate protective clothing
- Adhere to all relevant HSE procedures and protocols
- Keep workplace and equipment neat and tidy
- Report deviations and communicate instructions to improve and maintain the quality system.
- Qualification in Chemistry, Food Technology, Food Biotechnology, Microbiology or Biochemistry (National Diploma or B Sc.)
- Language: Proficiency in English (Read, write, speak)
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Outlook, Data capturing
- Experience in sample administration and registration for 2-3 years (minimum) in a routine high throughput ISO 17025 food testing facility necessary.
- Knowledge of process flow within an analytical laboratory environment
- All appoints are made inline with our employment equity plan.
74 total views, 1 today